The dust has settled a bit on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - the official name of the recently passed $787 billion economic stimulus package.
There are a number of good articles on the package and how it impacts small business:
1. SBA Advocacy Chief Economist Chad Moutray covers the small business impact of the stimulus package at a high level on the SBA's Small Business Watchdog blog.
It covers both specific small business measures and provides a good overview of the infrastructure spend. If you are interested in small business and just want to read one article on this topic, read this one.
2. Businessweek has a good article on the small business tax provisions in the stimulus package.
3. Technology Review says battery makers are big stimulus package winners. $2 billion in grants, substantial tax credits for plant and equipment and a share of the broader green energy spending.
4. Speaking of green energy spending, it will tally $79 billion according to LA Times.
5. Health related IT gets a big boost - $19 billion according to the Wisconsin Technology network.
6. The International Herald Tribune covers the $7.2 billion in broadband infrastructure spend.
7. Purchasing.com provides a good overview of infrastructure spending on roads, bridges and transportation.
8. US News covers potential "pork" projects associated with the stimulus package.
9. The Center for American Progress - a progressive think tank - defends the package against the most common criticisms.
10. Cato Institute - a conservative think tank - has aweb section dedicated to the package and deficit spending in general.