Good article in Strategy and Business on 5 Millennial Myths. According to research by the authors, "stereotypes of millennials in the workplace are inconsistent at best and destructive at worst".
Instead of the common view that Milennials (also called Gen Y, born roughly 1980 - 2000) are needy, lazy and not committed, the article argues that in terms of work Millennials are not that different than older Gen Xers and baby boomers.
This is very similar to what we've found in our research.
The 5 myths presented are:
- Millennials don’t want to be told what to do.
- Millennials lack organizational loyalty
- Millennials aren’t interested in their work.
- Millennials are motivated by perks and high pay.
- Millennials want more work–life balance.
Please go to the article for the reasons the author gives for these being myths and what their resaerch shows true picture to be.