The Center for the Future of Museums released their annual trends report, TrendsWatch 2017.
This year's report has 5 chapters:
- A Mile in My Shoes: closing the empathy deficit
- Let Justice Roll Down: the next horizon of civil rights
- The Rise of the Intelligent Machine
- Reshaping the World: migration, refugees, and forced displacement
- Failing Toward Success: the ascendance of agile design
The report is targeted at museums, but anyone interested in trends and the future will find it valuable.
The Center does a great job at trend spotting and reporting. We think this is because a big part of this work is the curation of news and information. And who's better trained at curation than the folks working at museums. They're even called curators.
The Center for the Future of Museums has other useful trends resources, including:
Their weekly newsletter Dispatches from the Future of Museums (a must subscribe to for those interested in trends)
Their Pinterest site, which contains interesting visuals and links.
And, of course, you can follow them on Twitter